CARDIAC MONITORING CAN
UNLOCK THE ANSWER
If your doctor suspects that your heart palpitations are heart related, cardiac monitoring may be necessary.
Cardiac monitoring is used to either identify or rule out a heart rhythm disorder and to determine the right course of treatment.
Types of cardiac monitoring vary in terms of how long they can be used and how information is captured. Common types of cardiac monitoring systems include:
- Holter Monitors
- Event Recorders
- Mobile Cardiac Telemetry Systems
- Insertable Cardiac Monitoring Systems
- Mayou R. Chest pain, palpitations and panic. J Psychosom Res 1998;44:53-70.
- Kroenke K, Arringon ME, Mangelsdroff AD. The prevalence of symptoms in medical outpatients and the adequacy of therapy. Arch Intern Med 1990;150:1685-9.
- Knudson MP. The natural history of palpitations in a family practice. J Fam Pract 1987;24:357-60.