These talking points will help you remember important information related to your fainting to share with your healthcare team.
Remember to Share…
- A description of your fainting episodes.
- The number of fainting episodes you’ve had in the past two years.
- What you were doing before you fainted.
- Any concerns you have about fainting (e.g., safety, your job, driving).
- Any treatments you are receiving for fainting.
- If your family has a history of undiagnosed fainting or sudden cardiac death.
- How fainting is affecting your home and work life.
Remember to Ask…
- Could my fainting be related to my heart? Why or why not?
- If you think my fainting may be heart-related, what tests are needed?
- Should I see a heart specialist doctor to help determine why I am fainting?
- Morag R, Brenner B. Syncope. Medscape. April 16, 2014. Accessed November 10, 2015. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/811669-overview#a5